MEET DR. SHEKIRA YAHAYA, THE LADY WHO WON EVERY AWARD IN THE UDS MEDICAL SCHOOL.
Dr. Shekira Yahaya swept virtually all accolades in the School of Medicine, so yesterday’s graduation was less exciting.
Dr. Yahaya was named the Best Medical Student for the Graduating Class of 2021 yesterday.
She won seven of the awards, leaving only two for the other students at the School of Medicine.
Dr. Yahaya received the following prizes;
1. Best Overall Medical Student
2. Mr. Poku Prize for Best Medical Student in Paediatrics and Child Health
3. Ghana Medical Association Award for Overall Best Medical Student
4. Vice Chancellor Award for Best Student in MBChB
5. Dean’s Award for Overall Best Graduating Medical Student
6. Dr. Sory Prize for Best All-round Graduating Medical Student
7. Registrar’s Award for Best Student in MBChB
Dr. Agyemang Eric and Dr. Sabeng Marfo Patience both received the Dr. Patricia Turner Prize for Occupational Medicine and the Dr. Bill Turner Prize for Best Student in Family Medicine.